Education, Training, & Career Expo
November 14 » 8:00 AM - 9:30 PM
For more information please visit their website at https://www.transitionexpo.com/about-us
or you can visit their facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/events/1792280431059251/
Tuesday, November 14 at 7:30 AM – 9:30 PM
When: Tuesday, Nov. 14, 2017
Where: Fort Smith Convention Center
Opening Ceremony: 8:00 am – 9:00 am
Students: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
General Admission: 5:00 pm – 9:30 pm
IdeaFame Live Pitch Competition: 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm
Transition Expo is the largest education and career placement event in Arkansas.
This event connects the area’s current and future workforce with dynamic companies, service organizations, and educational/training institutions.
The Expo Showcases:
- Local and National Colleges & Universities
o University of Arkansas, Oklahoma State University, Duke University, University of Arkansas Fort Smith, University of Central Missouri, University of the Ozarks, Henderson State University, Arkansas Tech, John Brown University, Northwest Technical Institute, Black River Technical College, Vista College, College of the Ouachitas, Arkansas State University, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, North Arkansas College, and many more!
- Dynamic Employers & Company Representatives
o Hundreds of apprenticeships, internship, part-time, and full-time positions being promoted by local and national employers who are anxious to meet current job seekers and future graduates.
- Career Training Programs
o Workshops, Internships, and Apprenticeship opportunities are offered by a variety of Employers and organizations dedicated to career development.
- Service & Community Organizations
o Volunteer opportunities and resources that provide attendees with direct and personal assistance with the transition plan focused on key areas such as: Financial, Skill Building, Application Assistance, Interview Support, Health & Safety, and Professional Development for Educators.
Interested in Entrepreneurship or starting your own business?
Don’t miss the IdeaFame Live Pitch Contest. Transition Expo has partnered with Startup Junkie Consulting to host IdeaFame Live, offering two $1,000 prizes to the winning entrepreneurs.
Transition Expo Dream Career Summit & Special Guests:
Transition Expo and Startup Junkie Consulting have partnered to present the Dream Career Summit. The summit will feature motivational speakers who will present to thousands of registered high school students to inspire young listeners to overcome their own, personal obstacles and pursue their dreams
Our Key Speakers include:
- Shawna Blake – Comedian and educator, Shawna Blake, will share her story with a humorous twist.
- Hilary Hunt – FOX24 Evening News Anchor, Hilary Hunt, will present her secrets to success from the perspective of a former collegiate athlete and a successful professional navigating the challenges of the tough broadcasting industry.
- Dr. Maria Markham – Director of the Arkansas Department of Higher Education will present information about the successes and challenges of higher education in based upon her history with higher education in Arkansas, which spans over a decade.
- Savvy Shields – Miss America 2017, Savvy Shields, will share insights from experiences throughout her scholarship pageant career, which kept her focused and empowered her platform for positively impacting individuals and communities throughout the nation.
- Kyle Tabor – Only 23 years old and the owner and founder of Blue Sale Coffee, Kyle will demonstrate success does not depend on your age, but your determination.
And more! Follow us on social for the latest updates around special guests and exhibits.
The Expo was created to serve:
- Companies & Service Organizations looking to fill available or upcoming positions, connect with the community, and to establish brand awareness & company recognition.
- Colleges, Universities, Training Organizations & Programs looking to meet those who want to take their education or training to the next level. Introduce your college to thousands of high school students registered for the event.
- High School students interested in higher education, specific skill training, or to simply learn and takeaway rom real professionals’ experiences.
- College students interested in continuing their education, seeking internships or post-grad employment opportunities, or to network with working professionals to better understand what job to pursue.
- Veterans transitioning from military to civilian employment.
- All Job seekers looking to network & connect with local companies or service organizations who can advance or transition their professional status.
Visit www.transitionexpo.com to register for free, see who will be exhibiting, and to find discounted hotel rates for the event. Follow us on social to get the latest updates around presenters, special exhibits & giveaways. We look forward to seeing you there!